|Add and subtract on the number line word problems|
|Exercise Name:||Add and subtract on the number line word problems|
|Math Missions:||Early math Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||2|
This first instance of the Add and subtract on the number line word problems exercise is in the Early math Math Mission. This exercise teaches users to interpret addition and subtraction word problems using the number line as a visual.
Types of Problems
There are two types of problems in this exercise:
- Adding using the number line: this type of exercise asks users to interpret the addition word problem using the number line visual and choose the correct one.
- Subtracting using the number line: this type of exercise asks users to interpret the subtraction word problem using the number line visual and choose the correct one.
Basic knowledge of addition and subtraction is required to ensure success while doing this exercise.
- For these exercises, users should keep an eye out for key words in the problem and also numbers.
- Students can use the number line visual to help them and choose the correct one that matches the problem.
- Addition can be used for adding objects, like adding money totals.
- Subtracting can be used by businesses to see how much money they make minus the money they spent for profit.