|Adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators word problems|
|Exercise Name:||Adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators word problems|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators word problems exercise appears under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise uses word problems to increase experience and competence with adding and subtracting fractions with common denominators.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Solve the problem: This problem has a situation described that involves adding or subtracting numbers. The user is asked to type the correct answer to the problem in the text box.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges because the fractions have common denominators already.Speed badges are medium because it is often necessary to read the entire problem carefully to figure out if user want to add or subtract.
- The fractions do not need to be reduced.
- Users will either add or subtract the two fractions in the problem, so they should look for the key words that will tell them if it is add or subtract.
- Fractions appear in every day media to display information to consumers.
- Fractions are used in real life in many different ways, but they are most commonly used in the cooking, construction and science industries.