|Adding decimals (tenths)|
|Exercise Name:||Adding decimals (tenths)|
|Math Missions:||5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Adding decimals (tenths) exercise appears under the 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise practices adding decimal numbers.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Add the numbers: This problem has an addition problem about the sum of two decimal numbers. The user is asked to find the correct answer and put it in the slot.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy and speed badges because there is only one type of problem and it can be done very quickly.
- Using a calculator goes against the spirit of the problem, but can increase speed.
- Carrying is necessary on some problems.
- These problems specifically have both decimal numbers using the tenths spot, but nothing smaller.
- Decimals appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.
- Addition is a major fundamental for higher math levels like algebra, calculus, and more.