|Adding decimals 2|
|Exercise Name:||Adding decimals 2|
|Math Missions:||6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Algebra basics Math Mission, Algebra I Math Mission, High school statistics and probability Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Adding decimals 2 exercise appears under the 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Algebra basics Math Mission, Algebra I Math Mission and High school statistics and probability Math Mission. This exercise practices adding decimal numbers.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Add the numbers: This problem has an addition problem about the sum of two decimal numbers. The user is asked to find the correct answer and put it in the slot.
- Using a calculator goes against the spirit of the problem, but can increase speed.
- Carrying is necessary on some problems.
- These problems specifically use a number with tenths and a number with hundredths, so some lining up may be necessary if users are using the standard algorithm.
- Decimals appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.
- Addition is a major fundamental for higher math levels like algebra, calculus, and more.