|Exercise Name:||Angle types|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, High school geometry Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Use the protractor to classify the angle: On this problem an angle is drawn and the user can use the protractor to measure the angle. After doing so, they choose whether the angle is acute, right or obtuse.
- There is no need to use the protractor unless users want to. Therefore they can visually inspect (or use a piece of paper) and determine quickly how the angle compares to a right angle.
- Right angles are always labeled with a box measuring the angle (standard notation) and are always .
- Engineers and architects use angles for designs, roads, buildings and sporting facilities.
- Athletes use angles to enhance their performance.
- Carpenters use angles to make chairs, tables and sofas.
- Artists use their knowledge of angles to sketch portraits and paintings.