Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Find the area of the parallelogram: This problem describes in words the base and the height of a parallelogram. The user is asked to find the area of a parallelogram with those dimensions and provide it in the available space.
Knowledge of the are of a parallelogram is needed to complete this exercise.
- The formula for the area of a parallelogram is .
- This exercises provides the base and the height in color, so multiply those numbers to get the answer.
- This exercise is one of the easier to get speed badges and accuracy badges because the numbers are reasonably small, easy to multiply, and draw attention to themselves because of the coloring.
- Area and perimeter are used in many jobs for architecture and interior design.
- Architects use these shapes when building bridges, roofs on houses, and other structures.
- The ancient Egyptians from over 4000 years ago were very good at shapes and geometry. Every time the Nile burst its banks and flooded the planes, they had to use geometry to measure their gardens and fields all over again.