Coaching is a way to form academic communities on Khan Academy. Coaches have viewing access of all of user's Khan Academy data.
If a user is coach, they could:
- Manage their students,
- View their student's progress,
- Map student's skill progress,
- Observe their student's progress in a grid,
- Observe when students are active in Khan Academy,
- See real time updates while students earn energy points.
- Make recommendations (skills) to their student.
If a user is being coached, they could:
- Link to their coach's profile,
- Perform tasks that the coach has given the user.
Many Khan Academy users will use coaching to help support each other while learning. Some users have actually created a new account in order to coach themselves because coaches have access to improved data about a student's progression.