The Converting decimals to percents exercise appears under the 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise practices the conversion of decimals into percentages.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Change the decimal into a percentage: This problem provides a decimal. The user is asked to convert this decimal into a percentage and write it in the provided box.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy and speed badges because there is only one type of problem and the conversion is very simple.
- To change a decimal into a percentage, move the decimal two spots to the right!
- After users have done this, make sure to provide the % symbol to ensure credit.
- Fractions, decimals, and percents are used in many sports such as basketball to determine how many field goals the player has made over how many they attempted.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.