The Converting percents to decimals exercise appears under the 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise practices the conversion of percentages into decimals.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Change the percentage into a decimal: This problem provides a percentage statement. The user is asked to convert this into a decimal and write it in the provided box.
- To change a percentage into a decimal, students should move the decimal two spots to the left.
- It is not necessary to provide a zero in front of the decimal point.
- Fractions, decimals, and percents are used in many sports such as basketball to determine how many field goals the player has made over how many they attempted.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.