|Decimals on the number line 2|
|Exercise Name:||Decimals on the number line 2|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Decimals on the number line 2 exercise appears under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission and Pre-algebra Math Mission. This exercise experiments with the position of decimals on a number line.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Find the point: This problem asks the student to move an orange dot to the correct spot on a number corresponding to a given decimal number.
- The answer will be on one of the tick marks, not in between two tick marks.
- The endpoints of the number line are two different tenths and each tick mark corresponds to a hundredth. Therefore users can just look at the hundredths spot to tell how many tick marks to move.
- Decimals appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.