Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Find the distance between the points on the coordinate plane: This problem has a coordinate plane and has two points labeled. The user is expected to use the distance formula to find the exact distance.
The distance formula and an ability to reduce radicals are needed to ensure success on this exercise.
- The distance formula is .
- The distance formula is precisely the Pythagorean Theorem on the rise and the run of the slope.
- The distance formula is useful in architecture and drafting.
- The distance formula can be used to find straight-line distance in surveying or mapping.