|Dividing decimals 2|
|Exercise Name:||Dividing decimals 2|
|Math Missions:||5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Dividing decimals 2 exercise appears under the 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission and Pre-algebra Math Mission. This exercise continues practicing dividing numbers by decimals.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Find the quotient: This problem has a division problem that involves dividing a whole number by a decimal. The student is to find the answer and write it in the space provided.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges with the standard algorithm. The speed badges are medium because student is not dividing by nice decimals all the time anymore, most take some detail via the algorithm.
- A calculator goes against the spirit of the problem but can increase speed.
- In a few of the problems student can think of the decimal as a fraction. These can turn into multiplication problems since dividing by a fraction is equivalent to multiplying by a reciprocal.
- Student is dividing by numbers like and in these problems, many would have numerators that are not one if student was to change them into fractions.
- The standard algorithm is not very time-efficient so student might need to develop a new method to get speed badges.
- Decimals appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.