|Dividing unit fractions by whole numbers|
|Exercise Name:||Dividing unit fractions by whole numbers|
|Math Missions:||5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Dividing unit fractions by whole numbers exercise shows up in the 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise practices dividing a fraction by a whole number.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Divide the numbers: This problem provides a division problem with a fraction being divided by a whole number. The user is supposed to perform the division and write the correct answer in a provided box.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges and speed badges because there is only one type of problem and if one is familiar with the idea of dividing fractions there is only need for one operation.
- The answer will be a fraction, so users should be prepared to use the button.
- The answer is the numerator of the fraction over the product of the denominator of the fraction with the whole number.
- None of the problems use large numbers, so there is no need for a calculator as long as one knows their standard times tables.
- Fractions appear in everyday media to show information to consumers.
- Fractions are used in real life in many different ways, but they are most commonly used in the cooking, construction and science industries.