|Length word problems|
|Exercise Name:||Length word problems|
|Math Missions:||Early math Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||2|
The Length word problems exercise appears under the Early math Math Mission. This exercise mixes algebra and geometry together nicely, in an easier skill set.
Types of Problems
There are two types of problems in this exercise:
- Solve the problem: This problem describes a word problem situation and asks the student to find the solution which they enter in an answer box.
- Use the picture to solve: This problem encourages students to think about and prepare for other measurement problems by drawing a picture and using measurement to solve a word problem.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges because there is a general predictability to problems. This also effects speed badges, but only makes them medium difficulty because care needs to be taken to read the problem carefully.
- Most (but not all) of the first type of problems are of the same form. The answer to this form is always . There is a subtraction problem thrown in occasionally to discourage complacency.
- The subtraction problem type one and the only (as far as research can tell) problem type two appear to have been thrown in to discourage mechanical performance of this problem.
- Measurements are used for many things, such as cooking, and for placing carpet.