|Meaning of multiplication|
|Exercise Name:||Meaning of multiplication|
|Math Missions:||3rd grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||3|
The Meaning of multiplication exercise appears under the 3rd grade (U.S.) Math Mission, and 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission. This exercise explores the concept of multiplication by viewing it primarily as repeated addition.
Types of Problems
There are three types of problems in this exercise:
- Select the equivalent forms: This problem states a multiplication problem and asks the user to select the options that represent that multiplication as repeated addition.
- Select the problem the picture represents: This problem has a picture and users are supposed to select the expression that the picture is representing.
- Select the picture for the problem: This problem states a multiplication question and asks the user to select which picture models the problem.
- On problem type one there only seems to be a need to select one option each time, even though it is technically a multiple select question. Once you have found the one, you are done.
- Multiplication is needed and used by mechanics for repairing cars by multiplying when they overhaul the engine, measure the pistons or just to put in a new gearbox or engine.
- By learning multiplication and memorizing the times tables, users provide themselves with essential building blocks to do higher learning math, like division, fractions and even algebra.
- Multiplication is necessary for a career in the stock market.