|Multiplication with carrying|
|Exercise Name:||Multiplication with carrying|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Multiplication with carrying exercise appears under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise has user practice multiplication.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Multiply the numbers: This problems has a multiplication problem which the user is to perform and answer correctly in the box provided.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges. The multiplication, does involve carrying so it cannot be done quickly in user's head. The speed badges might actually be considered medium for this reason.
- However, using the calculator could make this exercise easy for speed badges again. Quick research seems to indicate no answers go beyond 10,000.
- Multiplication is needed and used by mechanics for repairing cars by multiplying when they overhaul the engine, measure the pistons or just to put in a new gearbox or engine.
- By learning multiplication and memorizing the times tables, users provide themselves with essential building blocks to do higher learning math, like division, fractions and even algebra.
- Multiplication is necessary for a career in the stock market.