The Multiplying 2 digits by 2 digits exercise appears under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise practices multiplication with carrying.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Multiply the numbers: This problem asks the user to find the solution to a multiplication problem of two 2-digit numbers. Carrying is important.
- It is especially easy to get speed badges with a calculator, but it is a great way to help practice confidence with multiplication problems with carrying. To get the most out of it you should do it without a calculator, and even practice doing it in your head.
- Division is used in every-day life to display information to consumers.
- By learning multiplication and memorizing the times tables, users provide themselves with essential building blocks to do higher learning math, like division, fractions and even algebra.
- Multiplication is necessary for a career in the stock market.