The Multiplying decimals 2 exercise appears under the 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. The exercises practice the concept of multiplying decimals numbers.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Multiply the numbers: This problem asks a multiplication problem. The user is expected to find the product and put it in the appropriate space.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges because except for the decimal they are just multiplication problems. The speed badges are hard because the numbers do become rather long (in length). Research found even with the calculator the tolerances may be too tight at this time.
- A calculator goes against the spirit, but can increase user's speed.
- Some of the problems can be done mentally so be sure to read them before users grab the calculator too quickly if they are a calculator user.
- Most problem involve several places after the decimal and can take some time to complete.
- Decimals appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.