|Multiplying fractions and whole numbers word problems|
|Exercise Name:||Multiplying fractions and whole numbers word problems|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||3|
The Multiplying fractions and whole numbers word problems exercise appears under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise consists of word problem that involve multiplication and fractions.
Types of Problems
There are three types of problems in this exercise:
- Solve for the range: This problem describes a multiplication word problem. Instead of asking the user for an answer, it asks them to describe which two integers the solution lies between.
- Find answer: This problem is more straightforward. It describes a word problem and the user is supposed to simply give the answer.
- Analyze reasoning: This is problem that describes a situation and how a fictitious person solved it. The user is supposed to read the situation and pick the solution that describes what the person did correctly or incorrectly.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges as long as user is comfortable with fractions. The speed badges are medium because there are some techniques to do them efficiently but the amount of reading on some mean it can't be done immediately most of the time.
- The Solve for the range problems are convenient on a calculator because the decimal answer on the calculator makes it clear which integers the solution lies between.
- Answers can be given as fractions, but also as exact decimals if the decimals are terminating.
- It seems easiest to get the right answer on Analyze reasoning if user actually solves the problem themselves and take the solution that says that the correct answer should have been the answer they find.
- Fractions appear in every day media to show information to consumers.
- Fractions are used in real life in many different ways, but they are most commonly used in the cooking, construction and science industries.