The Multiplying positive fractions exercise appears under the 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise multiplies simple fractions together.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Multiply the fractions: This problem has a multiplication problem written. The user is expected to find the correct answer and write it in the space provided.
- Fractions need to be reduced before being submitted.
- It is a smart technique to reduce the numerators and denominators before multiplying (as needed). This can save valuable seconds towards the speed badges.
- Fractions appear in every day media to show information to consumers.
- Fractions are used in real life in many different ways, but they are most commonly used in the cooking, construction and science industries.