The topic Name shapes 1 is a topic under the Early math Math Mission. This exercise introduces some vocabulary to assist with geometric ideas.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Identify the correct object: This problem provides several everyday objects that model certain abstract geometric objects. The student is asked to select the object or name that most closely matches the given information.
- This exercise requires certain geometric vocabulary to be done correctly. The mathematics knowledge is basic, but special care needs to be take to be sure correct definitions are known.
- Some of the common objects used are: triangles, circles, squares and rectangles.
- The ancient Egyptians from over 4000 years ago were very good at shapes and geometry. Every time the Nile burst its banks and flooded the planes, they had to use geometry to measure their gardens and fields all over again.
- Architects use shapes to construct houses and skyscrapers.