|Name shapes 2|
|Exercise Name:||Name shapes 2|
|Math Missions:||Early math Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||3|
The topic Name shapes 2 is a topic under the Early math Math Mission. This exercise practices vocabulary for various geometric objects.
Types of Problems
There are three types of problems in this exercise:
- Which shapes satisfy definition: This problem provides a chart with various geometric objects and a word. Users are asked to identify which objects satisfy the definition of the word
- Name the shape: This problem provides a shape and asks the user to identify which name most closely represents the shape provided.
- Which one is the shape: This problem provides a vocabulary word. The user is asked to identify which of the shapes is the given word.
- This exercise requires language knowledge more than mathematical knowledge. Practice with definitions and examples of certain geometric objects can increase the chances of success on this exercise.
- The ancient Egyptians from over 4000 years ago were very good at shapes and geometry. Every time the Nile burst its banks and flooded the planes, they had to use geometry to measure their gardens and fields all over again.
- Architects use shapes to construct houses and skyscrapers.