The One-step inequalities exercise appears under the 7th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Algebra basics Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission, Algebra I Math Mission and Mathematics II Math Mission. This exercise involves solving inequalities.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Solve the inequality: This problem provides an inequality. The user is asked to solve the inequality by isolating the variable and providing the appropriate answer to the right.
Knowledge of the Properties of Inequality are all that is required to complete this exercise.
- The Properties of Inequality are almost identical to the Properties of Equality. The only difference is to remember that dividing or multiplying by a negative causes the inequality symbol to flip over.
- The numerical answers can be entered as fractions or exact decimals.
- Although they are not here yet, graphing on a number line could be connected with this topic in the future.
- For most people, in order to get their license they have to be at least 16. So, they can write this as an inequality. is the age of a person who wants to drive. In this case has to be > or equal to 16.
- Knowledge of algebra is essential for higher math levels like trigonometry and calculus. Algebra also has countless applications in the real world.