|One step equation intuition|
|Exercise Name:||One step equation intuition|
|Math Missions:||6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Algebra I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Balance the scale to solve the equation: This problem provides a picture with a scale and an avatar with some weights. The user is expected to remove the excess weight from both sides of the balance scale to make them equal, and find the weight of the avatar.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges because the numbers are small, never requiring more than a handful of clicks on both sides of the scale. The speed badges are also easy especially with a mouse.
- The answers are single digit numbers.
- The number of clicks removed from the side with the avatar will be the same as the side without.
- Applications include supply and demand lines form business and various other situations where there is information gained from different resources.
- Equations show up in nearly every science or business class one is ever in.
- Computers are also equation solvers. Computers were originally invented to solve equations over and over again instead of humans doing the calculations.
- Knowledge of algebra is essential for higher math levels like trigonometry and calculus. Algebra also has countless applications in the real world.