|Requirement:||Ranges from stage|
Jason Rosoff, a full timer at Khan Academy, made an avatar naming contest where users could suggest names for the avatar. Sal had to choose one of the top three names (Piceratops, Embers and Firefern). A few hours later, Jason announced that the winning name was Piceratops. This was the name suggested by James Tynan, a Khan Academy staff member. Joseph Le, a Khan Academy staff designer had made the design in October 2013.
There are 5 stages of this avatar's life.
Stage 1: Piceratops (Seed)
- This stage of Piceratops's life is one of the most basic avatars on Khan Academy. It is usable when user first join, so user don't need any energy points for it.
- It's a round, red seed with eyes. It looks like a red rain drop.
Stage 2: Piceratops (Seedling)
- This stage of Piceratops's life is obtainable after earning 10,000 energy points.
- It looks like the first version, just with a leaf on its head and legs beginning to sprout extra.
Stage 3: Piceratops (Sapling)
- This stage of Piceratops's life is obtainable after earning 50,000 energy points.
- It looks like a red baby dragon with two wings on its back with a little tail and four little legs.
Stage 4: Piceratops (Tree)
- This stage of Piceratops's life is obtainable after earning 100,000 energy points.
- It looks like a young dragon with a red body and a tail and two wings on its back. It appears to have frills growing.
Stage 5: Piceratops (Ultimate)
- This stage of Piceratops's life is obtainable after earning 250,000 energy points.
- It looks like a red, fully grown dragon, standing up, with big wings, a big tail and big horns. He appears to have a slight beak, similar to a parrot.
- Not many users can be found with this avatar because of its high requirement, but some of the users who meet the requirements like to use it because it shows a great achievement. People with private Khan Academy profiles can also use this avatar to show off that they have obtained 250,000+ energy points, because private profiles can't show how many points they have earned.