|Exercise Name:||Place value|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||2|
Types of Problems
There are two types of problems in this exercise:
- Name place value: This problem gives a number and asks for the place value of a particular digit.
- Write the number: This problem says a number in English and asks the student to write the number in digits.
- The place value on problem type one does not go beyond thousands and is increasing order for the multiple choice answers.
- Knowledge of place value is needed for writing checks.
- A common example of place value is money (example: $1.69 means that there is 1 whole (dollar), 6 tenths (dimes), and 9 hundredths (pennies)).