The first instance of Properties of multiplication 2 is under the Early math Math Mission. (Appears to be old versions of Understanding multiplication using place value understanding).This exercise used to be on one of the missions under The World of Math, but it was removed due to reordering, renaming, or other changes. This exercise discovers a property of multiplication, namely the distributive property. It shows students how to use the distributive property to multiply numbers based on multiplication facts.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Discover distribution: This problem asks the student to fill in several blanks in a step-by-step multiplication problem. By the end they will find the answer to a multiplication problem. Some problems use distribution through addition and others are distribution through subtraction.
This exercise is possible to get accuracy badges because the steps are clear. The speed badges are probably medium at this stage because of the multiple steps that are needed to arrive at the final answer.
- The template is generally , , , then answer. In other words, the first two slots are filled in with the same thing.
- Multiplication is needed and used by mechanics for repairing cars by multiplying when they overhaul the engine, measure the pistons or just to put in a new gearbox or engine.
- By learning multiplication and memorizing the times tables, students provide themselves with essential building blocks to do higher learning math, like division, fractions and even algebra.
- Multiplication is necessary for a career in the stock market.