The Rate problems with fractions exercise appears under the 7th grade (U.S.) Math Mission. This exercise practices some of the common aspects of rate with respect to ratios and word problems.
Types of Problems
There are four types of problems in this exercise:
- Find ratio from picture: This problem provides a picture using a grid and asks the user to determine the correct rate based on the picture.
- Interpret rate from graph: This problem provides a picture or graph of a situation and asks the user to determine the correct ratio based on the given information in the graph.
- Find equation that represents: This problem provides a situation and asks the user to select the equation that represents the situation.
- Answer questions no picture: This problem provides a word problem and asks users to answer the question based on the provided information.
Knowledge of proportions and ratios can assist with these problems, though they are not necessary.
- The idea of ratio stems from the ides of a ratio of quantities.
- Rates and ratios are prevalent in much of the sciences, such as stoichiometry.
- Several of the problems in this exercise can be viewed as real-life applications.
- Comparing unit rates is useful for anyone that has to shop to buy food items for their household.