The Reading bar charts 1 exercise appears under the 3rd grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise is an introduction to reading bar charts concentrating on counting the height of a bar.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Find the height of the bar: This problem has a bar chart drawn. It asks the user to find the height of one of the bars in the bar chart.
There is not much prerequisite knowledge is necessary for completing this problem. Counting and visual reasoning are sufficient.
- The height of the bar is always an integer, and can be found on the axis along the right side of the graph.
- The bar charts in this exercise can be in real-world situations.
- Data and statistics appear in news reports and in the media every day.
- Statistics can be seen more frequently than calculus in every day life.