|Recognizing parallel and perpendicular lines|
|Exercise Name:||Recognizing parallel and perpendicular lines|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||2|
Recognizing parallel and perpendicular lines is an exercise under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission. This exercise concentrates on the ability to see the differences between parallel and perpendicular lines.
Types of Problems
There are two types of problems in this exercise:
- Select the sides: This problem has a shape drawn and asks the student to select the sides that appear either parallel or perpendicular.
- Drag and select: This problem has several pictures which the student is supposed to drag into various categories.
- Be careful on the first problem type, it can ask for parallel or perpendicular.
- As usual it is wise to start from the bottom category on these drag and select problems.
- Map makers use rays, lines, and line segments to draw streets and roads on maps.