|Rewriting decimals as fractions|
|Exercise Name:||Rewriting decimals as fractions|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 7th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Rewriting decimals as fractions exercise appears under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 7th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise introduces changing decimals into fractions.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Find the fraction: This problem presents a terminating decimal and the user is asked to transfer this decimal into a fraction.
- It is not required to reduce the fraction so it is very fast just to make all fractions over one 100 (or possibly over ten in some select cases).
- Fractions and decimals appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.