|Rewriting fractions as decimals|
|Exercise Name:||Rewriting fractions as decimals|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Rewriting fractions as decimals exercise appears under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise practices viewing fractions as division with powers of ten.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Convert into decimal: This problem asks the user to find the decimal equivalent of a given fraction.
- A calculator is a hindrance here, it is actually easy to do it in user's head.
- Fractions appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.