Types of Problems
There are three types of problems in this exercise:
- Rounding with multiple choices: This type of problem gives the user a number and asks them to round it in a certain constraint. It gives users multiple choices and they must chose the ones that apply to it.
- Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100: This type of problem gives users a number and asks them to round it to the nearest 10 and 100.
- Rounding with simple word problems: This type of problem gives users a sentence/image and asks them to find the number it describes.
Basic knowledge of rounding numbers is needed for this exercise.
- This is a relatively easy exercise, so if user remembers how to round and can use these skills quickly, they can earn accuracy badges and speed badges Even if this skill is difficult for them, they can receive persistence badges if they keep practicing.
- Many people use rounding in everyday situations because it is usually easier and more understandable to say a rounded number than to say an exact value.
- When one shops, chances are they pay a sales tax. If the sales tax is and they buy something for , the sales tax is , which is rounded to .