The Solving basic multiplication and division equations exercise appears under the 3rd grade (U.S.) Math Mission, 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission. This exercise practices mechanical recitation of multiplication and division facts.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Answer the questions: This problem has a collection of four facts about multiplication and division that the user is supposed to answer. Most of the solutions involve typing the correct answer in an answer box, but there are occasional drop-down menu type selections.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges because the numbers never exceed 100. It is hard to attain speed badges because of the time it takes to answer four questions before moving to the next one.
- The order of the option in the drop-down menu is multiply, then divide.
- Users can use the tab button to move between answer options quickly.
- Choreographers need to be able to divide the piece they want to perform, into smaller pieces so that everyone will be able to do and give their best, whether they dance or choreograph an orchestra. In the end of the day they need to flow together in harmony and they will use division to accomplish that.
- Multiplication is needed and used by mechanics for repairing cars by multiplying when they overhaul the engine, measure the pistons or just to put in a new gearbox or engine.