The first instance of Solving problems with bar graphs 3 is under the 3rd grade (U.S.) Math Mission. In this exercise users practice interpreting and reading bar charts.
Types of Problems
There are three types of problems in this exercise:
- Find numerical answer: This problem asks users to use a bar chart to find the numerical answer to a question. The answer is typed into an answer box.
- Multiple select interpretation: This problem asks the user to use a bar chart and select all things that satisfy some given condition.
- Select from drop-down: This problem asks the user to use a bar chart and select the option from a drop-down menu that correct answers a question.
- It is slighter easier (and hence faster) to count the spaces on vertical axis and then use the scale to multiply to certain answers.
- Problem type three is the fastest to answer and can be done as fast as students can read.
- The bar graphs in this exercise can be in real-world situations.