The first instance of the Subtract within 1000: Level 1 exercise is in the Early math Math Mission. This exercise helps users to learn to subtract numbers in the hundreds.
Types of Problems
There is only one type of problem in this exercise:
- Subtracting numbers in the hundreds: This type of exercise asks users to identify the ones, tens or hundreds in a large number in order to subtract a smaller one from it.
These problems are simple once user gets the hang of them.
- Just identify the ones, tens or hundreds in the empty box while subtracting. Remember to carry over, if necessary.
- It seems as if the empty box is sort of like a prompt: in that box goes the only value in the problem that changes.
- Subtracting can be used by businesses to see how much money they make minus the money they spent for profit.
- Subtraction is a major fundamental for higher math levels like algebra, calculus, and more.