The Subtracting decimals 2 exercise appears under the 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Arithmetic essentials Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Algebra basics Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission, Algebra I Math Mission and High school statistics and probability Math Mission. This exercise performs subtracting of decimal numbers.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Subtract the numbers: This problem has a subtraction problem involving decimals. The student is asked to find the correct answer and type it in the box.
- Be sure to align the decimals before performing subtraction.
- The problems require borrowing and on most problems, one will be borrowing hundredths from tenths, borrowing is important for success.
- A calculator can be used to ensure accuracy and speed, but is against the spirit of the exercise.
- Decimals appear in every-day media to display information to consumers.
- Decimals are very common in shopping. Price tags, food labels, and receipts all contain decimals.
- At gas pumps, decimals are used to show how much gas is pumped and much it costs per gallon.