The first instance of the Subtraction word problems within 10 exercise is under the Early math Math Mission. This exercise puts subtracting into a context and has users understand not just the arithmetic operation but also how it applies to situations.
Types of problems
There are three types of problems that show up in this exercise:
- Select total picture: This problem describes a subtraction problem in a context. The solution is one of the pictures that the user can select.
- Enter the difference: This problem has a situation and the answer is a number which the user is to type into the answer box.
- Select and enter: This problem has a multiple choice selection AND a fill in the blank part for the user to complete.
- Since these problems are certainly subtraction, user can perform the subtraction operation as soon as users see the numbers instead of reading the complete problem. This will not work on problems that combine adding and subtracting.
- Subtraction can be used by businesses to see how much money they make minus the money they spent for profit.
- Subtraction is a major fundamental for higher math levels like algebra, calculus, and more.