|Time word problems|
|Exercise Name:||Time word problems|
|Math Missions:||4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||2|
The first instance of Time word problems is under the 4th grade (U.S.) Math Mission. This exercise practices telling time on a clock in word problems.
Types of Problems
There are two types of problems in this exercise:
- Time to catch: This problem has a situation involving someone who is timed. Another person starts, let's time pass, and the student is asked how much longer the second person should take to tie the first person.
- Find time: This problem has an involved word problem and asks the student to find the time a person should start a certain thing or will arrive at a particular place.
- The phrase "quarter of" means 15 minutes before.
- A program or resource that could count modulo 60 could make these problem run faster in a calculator and thereby help with speed badges.
- Knowledge of telling time is needed for getting to meetings at the right time.