|Visualizing and interpreting relationships between patterns|
|Exercise Name:||Visualizing and interpreting relationships between patterns|
|Math Missions:||5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission, Pre-algebra Math Mission, Mathematics I Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Visualizing and interpreting relationships between patterns exercise appears under the 5th grade (U.S.) Math Mission,Pre-algebra Math Mission and Mathematics I Math Mission. This exercise plays with the idea of two numerical addition patters representing a multiplicative pattern.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Perform requests: This problem has several things requested. First the user is asked to follow two addition patterns for and and place correct values in a chart. Then they are asked to plot these points. Finally they are asked to recognize the multiplication problem that relates the to the .
This exercise is medium to get accuracy badges, the only problem arising if one tries to get too fast without being careful. The speed badges are easy, user can be patient, the timing is fair.
- Be careful to plot the points in the exact right spot before submitting.
- This exercise is a nice connection between addition and subtraction properties, their relationship to functions and important to the geometric idea of the graph.
- Data and statistics appear in news reports and in the media every day.
- Many of the problems in this exercise could be viewed as real-life applications.
- Statistics can be seen more frequently than calculus in every day life.