The first instance of Word problems with "more" and "fewer" 1 is under the Early math Math Mission. This exercise uses various geometric models to increase understanding of addition and subtraction.
Types of Problems
There are four types of problems in this exercise:
- Difference on number line: This problem uses a number line to help the user solve an arithmetic problem.
- Unpictured answer: This problem does not provide a picture (which is unusual for this exercise) and asks users to answer a contextual problem.
- Picture with an answer: This problem describes a situation and asks the user a question based on a related picture problem.
- Block visual problem: This problem uses a block model to assist the user to solve an arithmetic question.
- Addition can be used for adding objects, like adding money totals.
- Subtracting can be used by businesses to see how much money they make minus the money they spent for profit.