The Writing expressions with exponents exercise appears under the 6th grade (U.S.) Math Mission. This exercise involves writing expressions that specifically require exponentials.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Write the expression: This problem has a sentence written in English involving potentially several mathematical operations but at least one use of exponents. The student is expected to write a correct numerical expression representing the expression in the available space.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges with knowledge of the basic vocabulary of arithmetic. The speed badges are medium because ensuring accuracy can sometimes require patience to be certain.
- The numerical expression will be accepted in several forms, as long as they are numerically equivalent.
- A fast way to get solutions with smaller numbers is to use the numerical expression of the "answer."
- The majority of the problems involve the sum or difference of a couple expressions, at least one of which has an exponential.
- Exponents are used in Computer Game Physics, pH and Richter Measuring Scales, Science, Engineering, Economics, Accounting, Finance, and many other disciplines.