|Exercise Name:||Z-scores 1|
|Math Missions:||High school statistics and probability Math Mission|
|Types of Problems:||1|
The Z-scores 1 exercise appears under the High school statistics and probability Math Mission. This exercise calculates z-scores.
Types of Problems
There is one type of problem in this exercise:
- Find the z-score: This problem provides a mean and a standard deviation. The user is asked to find the z-score for a particular value.
This exercise is easy to get accuracy badges because the calculation for z-score is straightforward and it is the only calculation needed. Speed badges are also easy because the calculation is only two steps.
- The formula to find the z-score is to take the value and calculate
- Data and statistics appear in news reports and in the media every day.
- Many of the problems in this exercise could be viewed as real-life applications.
- Statistics can be seen more frequently than calculus in everyday life.
- A boxplot is useful for dividing data into manageable quarters.